Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lovin' XC

Today the artwork was indoors... the painting of two Chickadees on the mural for Groom Insurance. They add a little something to the background; a little treat if you look long enough!



I think I'll seal it up now. It's in the can.



After lunch, I decided to go out and see how the trails were holding up. I decided to skip Chamcook Lake, and use my friend Kurt's access road to his lakefront cottage. Good choice - his road is still great to ski down, and the rail line trail is still holding up well. I'm just lovin' the XC skiing; in particular, skate skiing.

Today I skied out to Lineburner Lake - the last lake on the rail line before Highway 1. The Tidd family with some friends were into some pond hockey, and so I snapped some shots of the game. They were having "some kind of fun", as they say in these parts!




It was warm enough to ski in a t-shirt today, something pretty rare on February 21 in these parts. On the way back, it started to snow a bit, but as I look out the window here at 5pm, it has all stopped and looks wet and mild.

Tomorrow I'll be back to painting outside, which I'm looking forward to!

Geoff

No comments: