Thursday, January 22, 2009

The world's best waffle (SCD Friendly)


The baby woke me up this morning...she was just a little fussy. I held her hand a few minutes until she fell back asleep. We pushed her a little too far yesterday by taking her shopping. We didn't get back until 9;00, well past her bed time. I'm suprised she isn't grumpier this morning! Anyway, I'm up ......time for the world's best waffles. They go something like this.

In a mixing bowl mix together:
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of honey
a pinch of baking soda
4 tablespoons of dry curd cottage cheese ( farmers cheese )

- mix these together until smooth

add 2 eggs- mix together until smooth
add 2/3 cup of almond flour- mix together until smooth



Pour spoonful into wafflemaker....Voila!!! The worlds best waffle! It is also wheat free, refined sugar free; a great power food to start your day. I use honey as a syrup.

I'm going to do a bit of riding on the island today. Yesterday I changed tires from knobby to road.....and then went shopping with the family! Time to get back into a bit of a routine. I'm starting a new painting today as well; a new series of florals for the studio this summer. Peace....Slats
Recipe copyright Geoff Slater

No comments: