Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Creative Process

My biggest struggle in life has always been balance. I know that I'm at my best when I have a nice mix of things going on. One huge piece of the "balance" puzzle for me is mountain biking. It stimulates me both physically, and visually. This helps me keep my mind clear refreshed and focused for my art.


This last week I was finally able to put in some decent miles on the trails, and boy, does that feel great! They are a bit soggy this time of year, and need a bit of clean-up, but the snow is finally gone. I'm hoping to get the riding group out soon, and will post some pictures when I do.

I had a nice visit from my cousin Stew this last week. He is an organic farmer from Southern Ontario, and we grew up together. I introduced him to Honey Beans Coffee, and took him on a tour of our area. His knowledge of "all things to do with food" was incredible. If you want to know about food - talk to a farmer... kind of makes sense, eh?



Anyway, I am almost done "The Bike Mechanic". I'll complete the painting tomorrow, and have already started to prepare the frame for it. It is a strong piece, and sets a good tone for this new series of paintings.



Thats all for now...
Slats

No comments: